We believe that Mental Health First Aiders play a vital role in any holistic wellbeing strategy. Team CHAMPS has trained over 1000 people in Mental Health First Aid skills, here in the UK but also many overseas and we’re here to help you grow your pool of MHFAiders®.
As a Mental Health First Aider you will learn to:
- Spot the signs of someone experiencing poor mental health and how to assist them on a First Aid basis through practical application that builds confidence, skill and knowledge
- What listening non-judgementally looks and feels like in practice and how to support someone in this way
- Guide someone towards the right support, networks and early intervention
- Have a conversation with better mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Maintain healthy boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care