Find out more about our 60 minute ‘Signature’ workshop below:
Anxiety and anxiety disorders are often seen by many as being the ‘acceptable’ end of the spectrum of mental ill health conditions. Those living with these mental health conditions know that they can be debilitating and life changing.
Anxiety is common and is often left undiagnosed, in 2013, there were 8.2 million cases of anxiety in the UK (Mental Health Foundation, Journal of Psychopharmacology).
In the UK, over 8 million people are experiencing an anxiety disorder at any one time (Mental Health UK, 2022).
An estimated 822,000 workers are affected by work-related stress, depression, or anxiety every year (Health and Safety Executive, 2022).
Statistics show women experience anxiety more than men do and often this is because women can appear to be more comfortable talking through their issues and seeking support.
As a patron since 2018, Ruth and CHAMPS are proud to give 25% of our revenue fees to No Panic each time a session is booked (during the month of May 2023) as a charitable donation to support and sustain the charity and the amazing work they do.
This who will attend will learn:
• Introduction and Ruth’s experience of living with anxiety disorders
• Understanding where anxiety comes from, the difference between ‘feeling anxious’ and the impact on mental health when living with an anxiety disorder
• Spotting the signs and symptoms when someone might be struggling with anxiety and knowing how to check-in with colleagues
• How to manage panic attacks and support someone experiencing a panic attack
• How best to support employees living with anxiety
• Looking to the future: managing your uncertainty, seeking support and feedback and how to practise strategic self-care
We aim to tailor every No Panic! Getting your head around anxiety workshop to the organisation, whether this is through weaving in the language or utilising wellbeing/change models that your people will have experienced the workplace. Our facilitators come prepared with relevant activities that reflect the unique challenges and opportunities that you face today. A handout is provided following the session for guided reflection, a chance to work on additional activities, signposting and to continue the conversation within your teams.